Everyone deals with stressors in life, but sometimes those stressors can get too big to handle alone. Seeking psychiatric treatment may be the first step in taking care of yourself and regaining control of your life.
Our Psychiatry Department at Lake Region Clinic Services provides a complete array of out-patient behavioral health services. We treat adolescents starting at age 14, adults, and older adults. A complete diagnostic assessment is completed with treatment recommendations which may include medications and/or psychotherapy. If psychotherapy is recommended, information to access these services will be provided.
The Psychiatry Department works collaboratively with primary care to provide "holistic" care to each and every individual.
Symptoms that may indicate a need for a full mental health assessment by a psychiatrist include:
- Prolonged depressed mood.
- Thoughts of self-harm or injuring others.
- Sudden marked changes in mood.
- Anxiety or panic attacks that are uncontrolled and interfere with daily life.
- A sudden onset of severe forgetfulness or inability to concentrate.
- A sudden inability to care for one's self.
- Concerns about personal safety.
Back to top