The Cancer Care & Research Center (CCRC) provides chaplaincy services to our patients, families, and caregivers. We understand the diagnosis of cancer can bring about spiritual concerns and questions for you and your loved ones. We recognize that spiritual care is an integral part of the healing process from cancer. We uphold that attention to your faith and spiritual practices can be an important source of strength and hope while you live with cancer. A diagnosis of cancer also can provide an opportunity for making decisions about your treatments and completing your advance health care plan.
Our trained chaplains serve patients and families by:
- Connecting with community clergy and churches.
- Listening to feelings, emotions and concerns.
- Providing a comforting presence.
- Offering prayer, sacraments and other faith resources.
- Caring with compassion for the whole person.
- Assisting with advance health care planning and ethical decision making.
- Providing pastoral counseling.
- Exploring vital resources for health and wellness.
- Addressing personal and family concerns.
- Offering spiritual companionship.
To contact a chaplain, call 218.736.8077. You may also ask a CCRC staff member to contact a chaplain for you.
Back to top